08 February 2008

Ron Paul is out

"Of course, I am committed to fighting for our ideas within the Republican party, so there will be no third party run. I do not denigrate third parties -- just the opposite, and I have long worked to remove the ballot-access restrictions on them. But I am a Republican, and I will remain a Republican."

*sigh* That's part of letter I got in my email tonight. Such a bummer. Well, I hope this is just the beginning for our generation. Hopefully this spark will blaze into a fire over the next 4-8 yrs.

Well, it's Obama for me now. Any thoughts about his ideas on health care and education, No Child Left Behind in particular? And for health care, I'm not looking for socialized medicine, perse, but something drastic has got to happen.

1 comments:

Tony said...

My main focus has always been on foreign affairs, which I'm not too thrilled with Obama about. Much of what he promises has already been set in motion, and other claims seem a bit naive. His social issues seem sincere, although many of them will actually involve a larger budget than we have right now.

He's my favorite Democrat right now, though, definitely over Hillary.