22 February 2007

as we fast

O Lord and Master of my life!
Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness,
lust of power, and idle talk. (prostration)
But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience,
and love to Thy servant. (prostration)
Yea, O Lord and King!
Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother;
For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages. Amen. (prostration)

O God, cleanse me a sinner. (x12 with prostrations)

--prayer of St. Ephrem the Syrian

Ancient Faith Radio
thanks for the link, Xenia!

2 comments:

Xen Xen said...

You read my mind about posting this! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Petronia,
congratulation on the Holiday we are celebrating today - the Triumph of Orthodoxy. I took communion today and said a prayer of gratefulness for our church.

I also wanted to thank you for your posts. Reading about crusifix made me rethink my attitudeas the result now I am weraing a cross with crusifix which is very much similar to the one you have got.

Olga