04 April 2007

Taisia's song

In the movie "Ostrov", the monk Fr Anatoly sings the following song from the bottom of his heart and with gusto. It is short, catchy and rhymes (in Russian). Andrei and I started singing it and it has become THE tune which calms Taisia, particularly when life is being unkind to her in the carseat. It is often in my head which is particularly fitting this Lenten season.

Lord have mercy,
Lord forgive!
Direct me, God, on my way.
My soul is so weak,
and so is my flesh.
And to sinful passions
I'm a criminal slave.

Господи помилуй,
Господи прости!
Помоги мне, Боже, на моем пути.
Я так слаб душою,
Телом так же слаб.
И страстей греховных,
Я преступны раб.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Taisia's song , it is truly very special. For me it also has a touch of "юродство" (foolishness for Christ) and kids are best to respond to sincerity of plain truth.
Love you muchlly and miss you.m.O.