02 August 2006

28 Weeks

Now I'm seven months along. She's moving more than ever, and I still love it! The constant fatigue is gone, and I feel pretty good these days. It's been hard to fall asleep lately--can't turn my mind off. It's starting to sink in that we're going to be holding a little baby of our own very soon, although it's still a bit surreal. My guess is that it won't seem real until she's about a week old. I'm starting to have dreams about having her around in our everyday life: taking turns holding our little bundle at church; going for long walks while we wait for papa to come home; her sleeping in the moses basket over dinner at someone's house. The dreams are preparing me, I think, for the reality of having a child...so is the insomnia. We've been looking for a place to buy, and it takes some effort to remember that we need to live in a family/kid-friendly environment with a nearby park or nice grassy area, a fenced-in backyard or porch area, and so forth. It's so tempting to buy a nice, new condo near the lightrail that is sure to increase in value over the next year just because of the location and newness. The problem is that it is a concrete environment (although clean and nice looking) surrounded by snake-infested fields. No place to play. Is there even a park within walking distance?--probably not. The next options are the older condos that have the grassy knolls, are in good locations, are decent but not likely to appreciate. Thankfully we don't have to worry about the schools yet! All in all, everything is going well and we are both getting more and more excited about meeting our little baby. Any apprehension I've had is gone, and I am ready for a family.

0 comments: